The Ashcourt Group - Buying/Procurement Assistant
Check out this latest vacancy.
We have a great opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join our team at The Ashcourt Group, at our Pocklington office. As our Assistant Buyer you will be responsible for assisting and supporting the Buyer/s to ensure specified materials are available on site to meet programmes and assist with the efficient running of the material purchasing function. This must be within full compliance of the Best Practice procedures and the Company's Health, Safety & Environmental Policies.
What we would like from you:
- Assist the Buyer/s to ensure materials are delivered to sites in line with site programmes and specification and are purchased at competitive prices.
- Assist the Buyer/s in the collation of documentation and issuing of material tender enquires for new sites/phases.
- Assist the Buyer/s in the assessment and comparison of material quotations.
- Process new material orders.
- Process site purchase orders for replacement materials and assist in production of monthly reports detailing expenditure.
- Work with the Buyer to research new products.
- Carry out the invoice checking procedure and where necessary negotiate credits.
- Continually monitor material lead times, keeping build and site managers informed, instigate forward material allocation when necessary..
- Assist with site call-offs.
- Provide general assistance to the Commercial department as and when required.
- Present tender submission pack to internal management team for adjudication prior to submission
- Build and promote strong, long lasting customer and supplier relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Monitoring confirmed delivery dates, chasing suppliers to ensure contractual agreements are met.
- A good knowledge of construction methods and materials
- Strong mathematical and IT ability
- Ability to assess and analyse information
- Good understanding of budget management
- Negotiating and networking skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Good team working skills
- Accurate with an eye for detail
- Willing to work extra to meet deadlines as and when the business needs require it