The Ashcourt Group - Senior Civil Engineering Estimator
Check out this latest vacancy.
Senior Civil Engineering Estimator
Primary Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Head of Civils the senior estimator will be responsible for processing tenders from receipt to submission on a range of general civil engineering projects up to £10m.
- Lead the estimating team and liaise with buyers, contracts managers, health, and safety to produce a comprehensive tender.
- Reviewing and reporting on the Client’s Enquiry to enable a decision to bid
- Preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates for a wide variety of civil engineering projects from first principles.
- Competent in the reviewing of drawings, specification, and contract documents for inclusion in the tender price.
- Creating strategies to gain a commercial advantage.
- Production of estimates on the Conquest estimating software
- Preparing subcontract & materials enquiries for administration and buying team
- Analysing materials and subcontract quotes prior to inclusion in tender price to ensure most competitive price.
- Obtain feedback from site teams on estimating adequacy and current costs/rates are constantly updated.
- Identify risks and opportunities in the tenders
- Present tender submission pack to internal management team for adjudication prior to submission
- Build and promote strong, long lasting customer and supplier relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Managing hand over of tender to the construction team
Essential Skills Criteria:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience post qualifications with a civil engineering
- Competent in the use of estimating software (ideally Conquest)
- Experience in highways, reinforced concrete structures, drainage, earthworks, and general civil engineering
- Sectors worked in; energy, highways, housing, public realm council works, commercial/industrial
- Proven track record working on tenders ranging up to £10m
- Numerate and IT literate, familiar with estimating software and Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Ideally working knowledge of construction contracts predominantly NEC
- Be able to work under strict deadlines and under your own initiative.
What you'll get in return
This role will perfectly suit an Estimator who wants the opportunity to join a progressive employer, to drive the business forward into the next stages of its development.
A strong basic salary is available, coupled with a generous car allowance, pension contributions and many more company benefits.